Open and airy floor plan
The design concept for this new construction home was to create a comfortable, casual beach home that mixes both modern and traditional design elements. In the kitchen, a focal point was created by adding windows on either side of the Wolf 36” gas range, flooding the space with natural light.
Above the range, a handcrafted ornamental metal hood in French patina finish conceals a Wolf Pro Ventilation Liner. The Sub-Zero and Wolf appliances lend a sleek, contemporary look to the kitchen.
This is offset by cabinets painted in a warm green-gray with a traditional style door. A brick accent wall in the kitchen carries into the breakfast nook, unifying the two spaces. Dark stained maple cabinets and a distressed black walnut countertop create balance and transition from the kitchen to the formal dining room.
Over the island, handmade glass pendants were selected to make a statement without competing with the ornamental metal hood. As a focal point of the open concept floor plan, the fixtures and finishes in the kitchen were integral in unifying the modern and traditional design elements of the home with relaxed sophistication.
- create a powder bath that is both an integral part of the home and a welcoming retreat for guests, with a touch of the owners’ personalities
- small space with tall ceilings
- chunky molding used with picture rail molding to avoid the “elevator shaft” appearance and bring the visual height of the ceiling down
- original artwork created from daughter’s photograph
- custom designed vanity, painted with hand-crafted hardware
- horizontal v-groove wainscoting
- hammered metal vessel sink